Fax - Web Portal
Inbound faxes will appear in the Fax Inbox. Faxes can also emailed to a email address if one is configured for the user.
Receive faxes -
- To access the web port and receiver your faxes open any web browser and go to https://pbx.cbasinit.com
- Enter your username and password provided to your by your IT Administrator or CBIT representative
- Select the Fax button
Send faxes -
- Click the Send Fax button
- Select the appropriate compose option (see screenshot below):
- Compose - This option will allow you to enter text that will be sent as a cover page.
- File - This option will allow you to choose a file which will be sent as a cover page. The system accepts the following files formats for the cover page: html; pdf; doc; docx; jpg; png; odt.
- Choose a file to be faxed by selecting the "Fax Document" button. The system accepts the following files formats for the cover page: html; pdf; doc; docx; jpg; png; odt.
- Enter the phone number of the fax recipient in the Phone Number field. The number entered should be 11 digits for a U.S. number
- Click Send button.
Once a fax is uploaded to the fax server for delivery, it will be placed into an outgoing job queue for delivery. The fax server will continue trying to deliver the fax for 30 minutes. If the fax cannot be delivered within 30 minutes, the job will be aborted. Common reasons for non-delivery of faxes include busy numbers and human's answering the destination fax line. Users will receive a notification stating the status of the fax.
Notification regarding the status of sent faxes will be placed into the Sent Folder of the Fax page (sent fax notifications will NOT be emailed to the PBX User).